About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
THE TOUCHSTONE ENERGY ADVANTAGE
Connecting the people of America's electric cooperatives to benefit members and their communities makes Touchstone Energy Cooperatives different from the traditional power companies. Touchstone Energy Cooperatives represents a nationwide alliance of member-owned electric co-ops, including yours. Collectively, it delivers power and energy solutions to more than 750 unified local electric cooperatives across 46 states, forming the largest electric utility in the country.
• Co-ops employ 70,000 people in U.S.
• Co-ops generate nearly five percent of the total electricity produced in the U.S. each year
• Co-ops deliver 11 percent of the total kWh sold in the U.S. per year
• Co-ops serve an estimated 42 million people in 47 states
• Co-ops serve 19 million businesses, homes, schools, churches, farms, irrigation systems, and other establishments in 2,500 counties in the U.S.
• Nearly 13 percent of the nation’s meters are members of electric co-ops
• Co-ops serve an average of 7.4 members per mile of line and collect annual revenue of approximately $15,000 per mile of line
• Co-ops own and maintain 2.5 million miles, or 42 percent, of the nation’s electric distribution lines, covering three quarters of the nation’s land mass